Oct 29, 2008

Rocky Time

I’ve been back in Colorado six days now. It’s funny the things that people can take advantage of, the beauty they can allow to slip through their consciousness, unfazed, unknowing, repellant to the wonder of nature and creation. There’s something spiritual in the grandeur of space, of time, in the majesty of looming peaks and complementing blues, greens, whites and browns. I forgot what it is like to be a child. I forgot what it was like to smile just because the air feels good on the face. I forgot what it was like to stop caring and worrying and scheming and plotting; to just be. This is my pursuit. To reconnect with those simple joys of being.

It’s snowing. The sun is out. The milk dusted mountain caps glimmer in the distance like a dream. Welcome back to the Rockies.



(This is the town of Crested Butte, my new home)
blog comments powered by Disqus